Monday, August 30, 2010

Kimora Lee Simmons is Letting Go of Baby Phat!!!



Fashion mogul Kimora Lee Simmons announced that she will be leaving Baby Phat and Phat Fashions effective on September 1.  After 14 years of growing a mega urban fashion force she and parent company, Kellwood are parting ways. Simmons allegedly announced the split over Twitter.


Here's what Kimora said about the split: 

"After 14 years of conceiving and nurturing Baby Phat, it's time for me to move on and further expand my other businesses and create a new phenomenon," Simmons told the entertainment Website. 

 "I'm forever dedicated to my family, fans and customers. My inspiration has always come from the fabulous women who have been with me through the years as we've grown from young party girls to power players! We're ready for our next journey together and we're taking a whole new generation of incredible young women with us. Girl power unite!"




It's sad that Kimora will no longer be with Baby Phat, but she will continue to  remain Kimora while growing her empire, KLS collection, Kouture by Kimora, Fabulosity, and her reality show "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane."

No comments: